Sealing compounds can burn easily,
can give off harmful vapors, and are
harmful to skin and clothing. To
avoid Injury or death, keep away from
open fire and use In well-ventilated
area. It sealing compound gets on
skin or clothing, 'wash Immediately
with soap and water.
There are 14 plugs, 7 in each cylinder
bank. Apply small quantity of sealing
and lubricating compound to thread
area above plug. Do not let sealant
get onto threads of cylinder head
screws. Allow sealant to set for 12
hours before performing pressure
(1) Coat threads of plugs (1) with sealing and
Top of plugs must be 1.9802.070 in.
(5029-52.58 mm) below surface of
engine block when installed.
(2) Install 14 plugs (1) in cylinder head screw holes
(3) Coat threads of protective plug (3) and pipe
plugs (4) with pipe thread sealing compound.
(4) Install new gasket (5) and protective plug (3) in
air box (6) using core plug installer (7).
Torque to 230-270 lb-ft (312-366 Nm).
(5) Install two pipe plugs (4) on top of engine block
(8). Torque to 168-192 lb-in. (1 9-22 Nm).