VEHICLE TOWING (HMMH) (CONT)
7. Attach lift chains (6) to front lift points (7) and spreader bar (8).
8. Attach tow bar (1) to wrecker.
9. Move wrecker boom forward or backward to obtain proper boom-to-vehicle alinement.
10. Connect spreader bar (8) to wrecker boom. Raise front of vehicle until tires are 10-12 in.
(24.4-30.4 cm) off ground.
11. Place main shift lever in neutral, shift intermediate speed control in position H, Power Take-Off
in neutral, range-shift lever in stage II, and disengage four-wheel drive lever (TM 5-2420-224-10).
12. Release parking brake (TM 5-2420-224-10) and remove chocks.
13. Close shutoff valve (TM 5-2420-224-10).