V E H I C L E TOWING (SEE) (CONT)
6. Remove two clamps (5) from crossbar (6) of front loader (7).
7. Lower front loader, engage lock, and close shutoff valve (TM 5-2420-224-10).
TOW BAR INSTALLATION
Tow bar weighs 120 pounds (55 kilograms). To avoid
a l w a y s use two or more personnel to remove tow bar.
To avoid personal injury, do no allow any part of body to get between tow
bar and forklift.
1. Place forklift in transport position (TM 5-2420-224-10).
2. Set parking brake (TM 5-2420-224-10) and block vehicle (page 2-22).
Prepare tow bar (1) (FM 20-22).
4. Attach two clamps (2) to crossbar (3) of forklift (4), perpendicular to ground to allow for
clearance when turning.
Attach tow bar (1) to two clamps (2) using 1.0-in. (24.4-mm) pin and clevis assemblies (5).
Extend tow bar (1) enough to clear forklift (4) and tow vehicle when turning.