A-1. DA FORM 2407
a. Use of DA Form 2407. The DA Form 2407 is used to obtain parts and labor reimbursements
and to report warranty claim actions after the work has been accomplished or when a dispute
arises. Refer to Figure A-1 for an example of a DA Form 2407.
(1) The repairable exchange facility is responsible for forwarding DA Form 2407 when
claims concern repairable items.
(2) DA Form 2407 is forwarded by the unit authorized to replace the item, when repairable
exchange of the item is not involved.
(3) Evacuating units forward DA Form 2407 when all work is completed by Freightliner LLC.
(4) DA Form 2407, when used to report a warranty dispute, is submitted by the unit
authorized to replace the item. DA Form 2407 is filled out in accordance with this section.
b. Forwarding DA Form 2407. When DA Form 2407 is prepared after the work is
accomplished, make sure that copy 3 is marked "For Information Only" and forward to:
4747 N. Channel Ave.
Portland, OR 97217
c. Warranty Disputes. When DA Form 2407 is prepared for warranty disputes, make sure
copies 2 and 5 are marked "Warranty Dispute" for forwarding to the addresses given in paragraph
12. To assist in the technical review and evaluation to minimize technical misunderstanding,
include the following information:
Name, address, and telephone number of the Freightliner representative/
dealership that refused the service.
Specific reason(s) for refusal.
Specific facts/evidence that you feel will refute Freightliner's reasons for
refusal. Include photographs and sketches, if appropriate.