· A Service Life Extension Program (SLEP) has been implemented on selected D7F Tractors. This revised man-
ual is designed to help you perform lubrication, troubleshooting and maintenance on both configuration D7F
· The major differences between a non-SLEP and SLEP tractor are as follows:
A non-SLEP tractor is equipped with either a Model D333 or early Model 3306 engine. These
engines use glow plugs for cold weather starting. In addition, there is no oil sampling valve for
engine oil sampling.
A SLEP tractor is equipped with a later Model 3306 engine, with an ether staring aid system
and an engine oil sampling valve. Some SLEP tractors may be equipped with a transmission
oil sampling valve.
· Refer to WP 0002 00, Equipment Description and Data, for further information on how to verify which tractor
Type of Manual. This manual is for use in performing Field Maintenance on the Model D7F Tractor.
Equipment Name and Model Number.
Tractor, Full Tracked, Low Speed: DED, Medium Drawbar Pull, Caterpillar Model D7F.
The D7F Tractor is available in the following configurations:
(1) Tractor with Ripper; NSN 2410-00-185-9794 (EIC EAW)
(2) Tractor with Ripper and Winterized Cab; NSN 2410-00-300-6665
(3) Tractor with Winch; NSN 2410-00-185-9792 (EIC EA6)
(4) Tractor with Winch and Winterized Cab; NSN 2410-00-300-6664
Purpose of Equipment.
The D7F Tractor is designed for dozing soil and rocks and for clearing land of trees and brush.
Tractors equipped with ripper are designed for dozing and also for ripping soil, rocks, asphalt and concrete.
Tractors equipped with winch are designed for dozing and also for winching operations.
MAINTENANCE FORMS, RECORDS, AND REPORTS
Department of the Army forms and procedures used for equipment maintenance will be those prescribed by DA Pam 738-
750, Functional User's Manual for the Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS), as contained in the Mainte-
nance Management Update.
REPORTING EQUIPMENT IMPROVEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS (EIRS)
If your tractor needs improvement, let us know. Send us an EIR. You, the user, are the only one who can tell us what you
don't like about your equipment. Let us know why you don't like the design or performance. Put it on an SF Form 368
(Product Quality Deficiency Report). Mail it to us at: Commander, U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Com-
mand, ATTN: AMSTA-AC-NML, Rock Island, Illinois 61299-7630. We'll send you a reply.