28-3. DRIVE MOTOR REPAIR (CONT)
(14) Remove valve plate (7) from geroler assembly
(15) Remove seal (26) from valve plate (7). Discard
(16) Remove valve drive (27) from geroler assembly
Star and rollers may come out of
(17) Remove geroler assembly (25) from wear plate
(18) Remove drive (29) from shaft and bearing
(19) Remove wear plate (28) from bearing housing
(20) Remove seal (32) and shaft face seal (33) from
wear plate (28). Discard seals.
(21) Remove seal (34) from bearing housing (31).
If shaft or bearings are damaged,
replace complete assembly.
(22) Press shaft and bearing assembly (30) from
bearing housing (31).
Be careful not to damage seal seats.
(23) Remove shaft seal (35), backup ring (36), and
dust seal (37) from bearing housing (31).
Discard ring and seals.
(1) Use wire brush to remove dirt and debris from
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame of excessive heat.
The flash point is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(2) Clean metal parts in dry cleaning solvent.