Axle weighs approximately 1927 lb
(875 kg). Use caution when lifting or
moving axle. Failure to do so may
result in serious injury or death to
(9) Position axle housing (8) in axle stand
with input shaft (12) pointing up.
(10) Remove two screws (13) from differential
carrier (14) and install lifting eyes (15).
(11) Attach lifting device to lifting eyes (15).
Differential weighs approximately 750
lb (341 kg) and requires the aid of
assistant to move or lift it. Failure to
use caution may result in injury to
Lift carrier straight out of axle
Failure to comply may
result in binding and damage to
(12) Remove 12 nuts (16), washers (17), and
10 taper rings (18) from studs (19).
(13) Remove differential carrier (14) from axle
housing (8) while assistant operates lifting
Do step (14) only if studs fail inspection.
(14) Remove 12 studs (19) from axle housing
(15) Remove breather (20) and adapter (21)
from axle housing (8).
Change 1 25-37