Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point Is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air Immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes Is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect all parts for wear or damage.
(3) Replace all worn or damaged parts.
(1) Coat new seal (1) with grease and install
in end plate (2).
(2) Install two alignment sleeves (3) in end
(3) Install new preformed packing (4) on
Install casing with preformed packing
(4) Install casing (5) in end plate (2).
(5) Install shaft (6) in casing (5) and end plate
(2) until end of shaft extends 1-5/8 in.
(6) Install shaft (7) in casing (5) and end plate
(7) Coat new preformed packing (8) with
grease and install on head (9).
(8) Align screw holes in head (9) with sleeves
Install head with preformed packing
(9) Install head (9) on casing (5) and end
plate (2) with two screws (10).
23-37 (23-38 blank)