Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point is 100-138 F (38-59C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid immediately.
Clean transmission housing and metal
parts with dry cleaning solvent.
inspect parts for damage.
If signs of damage to transmission
housing are noted, replace transmission
(1) Install five studs (1) on transmission
(2) Install washer (3) and plugs (4, 5, and 6)
on transmission housing (2).
(3) Install fifth clutch pressure tap plug (7)
from transmission housing (2).
(4) Coat outside of new oil seal (8) with
sealing and lubricating compound and
install oil seal in transmission using
manual shaft oil seal installer (9).
(5) insert manual shaft (10) halfway by
pushing shaft through oil seal (8) in
transmission housing (2).
(6) Position lever (11) in transmission
housing (2) and install new locknut (12)
on manual shaft (10). Fully seat shaft
(10) and tighten locknut to 180-240 lb-in.
(7) Install new retainer pin (13) on manual
shaft (10) by inserting straight side of pin
in hole and curve over shaft.
Install adapter housing and second clutch (para 22-18).
22-113 (22-114 blank)