Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point Is 100-138F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes Is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
Compressed air for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 psi (207 kPa). Use only
with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment (goggles/shield,
(2) Dry metal parts with compressed air.
(3) Inspect valve body and valve for nicks, burrs, and scratches. If defects are found, remove with crocus
(4) Coat parts with lubricating oil.
Install adjusting ring in position
marked during removal. Damage to
transmission may result it not
assembled to same notch.
(1) Install valve (1), spring (2), stop (3),
washer (4), and adjusting ring (5) in first
shift valve (6).
Retaining pins must be flush with
bottom of first shift valve. Failure to
comply may result in damage to
(2) Install retaining pin (7) far enough in first
shift valve (6) to hold adjusting ring (5) in
(3) Position stop (3) in first shift valve (6) and
fully seat retaining pin (7).
(4) Install valve (8), spring (9), and valve plug
(10) in first shift valve (6).
(5) Install retaining pin (11) in first shift valve