21-2. WATER PUMP REPAIR (CONT)
(9) Press gear (10) and shaft assembly (12)
from water pump (1).
Do steps (10) and (11) if gear fails
(10) Press shaft (12) from gear (10).
(11) Remove lock ring (11) from shaft (12).
Do steps (12) and (13) if bearings fail
(12) Press shaft (12) from bearing (13).
(13) Press shaft (12) from bearing (14).
(14) Tap water seal (15) from water pump (1).
(15) Tap oil seal (16) from water pump (1).
(16) Remove plug (17) from water pump (1).
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use only In a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, and
clothes, and don't breathe vapors. DO NOT use near open flame or excessive heat.
The flash point Is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while using cleaning
solvent, get fresh air Immediately and medical aid. If contact with eyes Is made,
wash your eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean all metal parts with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect passages of housing for obstructions, deposits, and cracks. Clean out any obstructions or deposits.
Replace housing if cracked.
(3) Inspect bearings for damage and rough turning. Replace both bearings if either bearing is damaged.
(4) Inspect gear for worn, chipped, or missing teeth.