19-12. CAMSHAFT AND END BEARING REPAIR (CONT)
lockscrews (21) from engine block (17).
(11) Remove nut (22) from re ar end of left
(12) Remove screw (23) and washer (24) from
rear end of right camshaft (19).
(13) Remove cloth from between gears.
capscrew to bar over engine, always
turn in a clockwise direction.
Turning over in a counterclockwise
direction may loosen the capscrew
and vibration damper.
damage to engine may result.
(14) Turn gears (4 and 7) to reach rear end
camshaft bearing screws (25) using screw
(26) on front end of crankshaft (27).
(15) Remove three camshaft rear end bearing
screws (25) and lockwashers (28) from
each rear camshaft bearing (29). Discard
Use care when removing camshafts.
Camshafts may be damaged by
scraping or hitting engine block or
Tag and mark all parts to aid in
(16) Remove two camshaft assemblies (11 and
19) from rear of engine block (17).