(7) Remove locknut (9), spring (10), and
lower spring seat (11) from push rod (12).
Spring retainer must point in proper
direction when installed.
direction of spring retainer before
(8) Remove spring retainer (13) from top side
of cylinder head (3).
(9) Remove upper spring seat (14) from
cylinder head (3).
Dry cleaning solvent P-D-680 Is toxic and flammable. Wear protective goggles and
gloves and use solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid contact with skin,
eyes, and clothes, and don't breathe vapors. Do not use near open flame or
excessive heat. The flash point is 100-138 F (38-59 C). If you become dizzy while
using cleaning solvent, get fresh air Immediately and get medical aid. If solvent
contacts eyes, wash eyes with water and get medical aid Immediately.
(1) Clean cam follower (1) with dry cleaning solvent.
(2) Inspect cam follower (1) for damage.
If clearance in step (3) is more than
0.023 in. (0.58 mm) or the clearance
in step (4) is more than 0.010 in.
(0.25 mm), go to disassembly.
Damage to equipment may result.
(3) Check side clearance between cam
follower (1) and roller (2) to ensure it is not
more than 0.023 in.
clearance is more than 0.023 in. (0.58
mm), go to disassembly.
(4) Place cam follower (1) in soft-jawed vise
on roller end of tube. Check for more than
(0.25 mm) pin-to-bushing
clearance using dial indicator (3).
clearance is more than 0.010 in. (0.25
mm), replace cam follower.