19-7. CYLINDER HEAD REPAIR (CONT)
Wooden block must cover all exhaust
(10) Turn cylinder head so valve springs (32) are
up. Place cylinder head (3) on wooden block.
(11) Install valve spring compressor (33) in one of
rocker arm bracket screw holes (34).
(12) Compress spring (32) and remove two valve
spring locks (35). Discard valve spring locks.
(13) Slowly release pressure on spring (32).
Remove spring cap (36) and spring (32).
Compressed air may ease removal
of washers from valve guide.
(14) Remove valve guide seal (37) and washer
(38). Discard seal.
(15) Repeat steps (11) thru (14) for each spring
(16) Remove valve spring compressor (33) from
cylinder head (3).
Secure valve stems with tape prior to
rotating cylinder head to keep valves
from falling out.
(17) Slowly rotate cylinder head (3) on its side.
Valves must be installed in their
original position. Failure to do so
may result in poor seating and loss
of engine performance.
Tag all valves before removal.
(18) Remove all valves (39) from cylinder head (3).