Table 3-5. Troubleshooting (Cont)
Test or Inspection
CHAIN SAW (SEE) (CONT)
121. BAR TURNS COLOR.
Check for proper automatic chain oiler (1) operation by operating chain saw
and checking for oil delivery from chain oiler.
· If automatic chain oiler is not operating properly, adjust chain
oiler by turning counterclockwise to increase oil flow.
· If automatic chain oiler is operating properly, go to step 2.
Check for worn and damaged chain.
· If chain is worn or damaged, replace chain saw chain
· If chain is not worn or damaged, adjust chain saw chain
tension (TM 5-2420-224-10).
122. CHAIN SAW OVERHEATS.
Check for low oil level in front hydraulic tank.
· If oil level is low, add oil (TM 5-2420-224-10).
· If oil level is not low, perform Malfunction 100.