Table 3-5. Troubleshooting (Cont)
Test or Inspection
FORKLIFT (HMMH) (CONT)
104. MASTER PLUNGER DRIFTS UP WHEN LOAD LIFTED, THEN STOPS.
Check for low oil level in front hydraulic tank.
· If oil level is low, add oil (TM 5-2420-224-10).
· If oil level is not low, bleed lift cylinder (page 4-630).
105. TILT CYLINDER DRIFTS.
Steps 1 and 2 are the same for both tilt cylinders.
Check for loose and damaged hydraulic lines.
· If hydraulic lines are loose or damaged, tighten loose
connections or replace hydraulic lines (page 4-620).
· If hydraulic lines are not loose or damaged, go to step 2.
Check for damaged tilt cylinder packings as follows:
a. Start engine.
b. Tilt forklift forward until forklift stops moving. Stop engine.