Table 3-5. Troubleshooting (Cont)
Test or Inspection
BRAKES AND AIR SYSTEM (CONT)
When fluid regulating valve reaches cut-out pressure, there will be an audible "pop."
Start and run engine at idle until fluid regulating valve reaches cut-out
Read pressure on dual brake gage. Reading must be approximately
· If reading is not approximately 106 psi, turn fluid regulating
valve adjusting screw (1) 1/4-turn to right to increase pressure,
or 1/4-turn to left to decrease pressure. Relieve air pressure
(page 2-23) from air tanks to approximately 80 psi and repeat
steps a and b until cut-out pressure is approximately 106 psi.
If correct cut-out pressure cannot be attained, replace fluid
regulating valve (page 4-306).
· If problem continues, notify direct support maintenance.
STEERING WHEEL HARD TO MOVE FULL RIGHT AND FULL LEFT.
Check for low oil level in power steering tank.
· If oil level is low, add oil (TM 5-2420-224-10).
· If oil level is not low, go to step 2.
Check for loose and damaged V-belt on power steering pump.
· If V-belt is loose or damaged, tighten or replace V-belt
· If V-belt is not loose or damaged, go to step 3.
Check for damaged power steering lines.
· If power steering lines are damaged, replace power steering
lines (page 4-357).
· If power steering lines are not damaged, go to step 4.
Check for clogged power steering filter element.
· If filter element is clogged, replace filter element (page 4-359).
· If filter element is not clogged, notify direct support maintenance.