Table 3-5. Troubleshooting (Cont)
Test or Inspection
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (CONT)
53. DIFFERENTIAL LOCK INDICATOR LIGHT WILL NOT LIGHT.
Refer to wiring diagram for all wiring repair steps.
Step 1. Pull instrument cluster panel light (1) out of dashboard (2).
Step 2. Remove differential lock indicator lamp (3) and check for continuity.
If there is no continuity, replace lamp.
· If there is continuity, go to step 3.
· Vehicle MASTER disconnect switch must be ON and master light switch set to
PANEL BRT. Failure to do so will cause erroneous results.
· Perform steps 3 thru 5 with differential lock engaged.
Step 3. Check for +24 VDC between wire 372 (4) and ground at instrument cluster
panel light (1).
If +24 VDC is not present, repair wiring 372 between
instrument cluster panel light and fuse box 1.
· If +24 VDC is present, go to step 4.
Step 4. Disconnect connector C (5) and check for +24 VDC between wire 221 (6)
· If +24 VDC is not present, repair wiring 221 between
connector C and instrument cluster panel light.
· If +24 VDC is present, reconnect connector C and go to step 5.
Step 5. Set master light switch to OFF and connect jumper between wire 221 (6)
and wire 03 (7) at differential lock indicator switch (8). Set master light
switch to PANEL BRT and check if differential lock indicator light is lit.
If differential lock indicator light is lit, replace differential lock
indicator switch (page 4-207).
· If differential lock indicator light is not lit, repair wiring 221
between differential lock indicator switch and connector C.