Table 3-5. Troubleshooting (Cont)
Test or Inspection
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM (CONT)
52. PTO INDICATOR LIGHT WILL NOT LIGHT.
Refer to wiring diagram for all wiring repair steps.
Step 1. Pull instrument cluster panel light (1) out of dashboard (2).
Step 2. Remove PTO indicator lamp (3) and check for continuity.
· If there is no continuity, replace lamp.
· If there is continuity, go to step 3.
· Vehicle MASTER disconnect switch must be ON and master light switch set to
PANEL BRT. Failure to do so will cause erroneous results.
· Perform steps 3 thru 5 with PTO lever engaged.
Step 3. Check for +24 VDC between wire 372 (4) and ground at instrument cluster
panel light (1).
· If +24 VDC is not present, repair wiring 372 between
instrument cluster panel light and fuse box 1.
· If +24 VDC is present, go to step 4.
Step 4. Disconnect connector A (5) and check for +24 VDC between wire 22 (6)
· If +24 VDC is not present, repair wiring 22 between
connector A and instrument cluster panel light.
· If +24 VDC is present, reconnect connector A and go to step 5.
Step 5. Set master light switch to OFF and connect jumper between wire 22 (6) and
wire 04 (7) at PTO indicator switch (8). Set master light switch to PANEL
BRT and check if PTO indicator light is lit.
· If PTO indicator light is lit, replace PTO indicator switch
· If PTO indicator light is not lit, repair wiring 22 between PTO
indicator switch and connector A.