V E H I C L E TOWING (SEE) (CONT)
6. Remove two clamps (5) from crossbar (6) of front loader (7).
7. Lower front loader, engage lock, and close shutoff valve (TM 5-2420-224-10).
TOW BAR INSTALLATION
· Tow bar weighs 120 pounds (55 kilograms). To avoid
a l w a y s use two or more personnel to remove tow bar.
· To avoid personal injury, do no allow any part of body to get between tow
bar and forklift.
1. Place forklift in transport position (TM 5-2420-224-10).
2. Set parking brake (TM 5-2420-224-10) and block vehicle (page 2-22).
Prepare tow bar (1) (FM 20-22).
4. Attach two clamps (2) to crossbar (3) of forklift (4), perpendicular to ground to allow for
clearance when turning.
Attach tow bar (1) to two clamps (2) using 1.0-in. (24.4-mm) pin and clevis assemblies (5).
Extend tow bar (1) enough to clear forklift (4) and tow vehicle when turning.