3-29. REAR ACCESSORY DRIVE GEARS - REPLACE
This task covers:
c. Place In Service
Parking brake engaged.
Rear accessory drive cover removed.
See page 3-126.
Shop Equipment, General Purpose
Flywheel removed. See page 3-71.
Repair, Semi-Trailer Mounted
Shop Equipment, Machine Shop:
Field Maintenance, Basic
(1) Remove gears (1 and 2) from
flywheel housing (3).
(2) Remove gear (4) from flywheel
Gear (4) was removed from the
flywheel housing with the
(3) Use a wrench to remove three
capscrews (6), dowel (7), shaft
(8) , washer (9) and gear (10)
from flywheel housing.
(4) If necessary, use a bearing
puller to remove bearing (11) and
washer (12) from flywheel