3-25. ENGINE OIL PUMP - REPLACE/REPAIR (Cont'd)
(1) Install oil pump assembly (14) in
position on the engine. Have
assistant hold pump and idler
gear (15). Use a wrench to
install two capscrews (16) and
two locks (17) which secure the
(2) Install two capscrews (12) and
washers (13). Use a wrench to
(3) Place strainer assembly (8) with
new gasket (11) in position.
Install lock (9) and two
capscrews (10). Use a wrench to
tighten capscrews. Bend lock
(4) Install lock (6) and capscrew (7)
on the strainer assembly (8)
support. Use a wrench to tighten
capscrew. Bend lock down.
(5) Install new gasket (4) and elbow
(3) onto pump body (5). Install
two capscrews (1 and 2) and
tighten with a wrench.
(6) Install oil pan. See page 3-117.
h. Place In Service
Run engine and check for proper