VALVE MECHANISM - REPLACE (Cont'd)
(6) Inspect push rods for a bent
condition, excessive wear, or
other damage. Replace a
damaged or defective push rod.
(7) Inspect rocker shaft for
excessive wear, bent
condition, or other damage.
Replace a damaged or
defective rocker shaft.
(8) See page 2-32 for general
Do not use old plugs (22), as
worn or defective plugs could
cause loss of oil pressure.
(1) Install a new plug (22) into each
end of rocker shaft (17).
(2) Install washer (16), spring (15),
washer (14), and retaining ring
(13) onto one end of rocker shaft
(3) Install a large (exhaust) rocker
arm (4), bracket (11) with dowel
pin (21), a small (intake) rocker
arm (3), washer (19), spring
(20), and another washer (19).
(4) Install remaining five rocker
arms (4), two support brackets (9
and 10), eight washers (19), four
springs (20), and five rocker
arms (3) onto rocker shaft (17).
(5) Align hole in bracket (9 with
hole in rocker shaft (17 . Use a
hammer to install dowel in (18)
into bracket and shaft. The dowel
pin must extend 0.378" above the