FRONT HOUSING COVERS - REPLACE/REPAIR (Cont'd)
(14) On tractors equipped with ripper,
install cover (12) with seal
(13), two washers (11), and two
capscrews (10) onto front
housing plate (6). Use a wrench
to tighten capscrews.
(15) Install cover (5), anew gasket
(9), two washers (8), and two
capscrews (7) onto front housing
plate (6). Use a wrench to
(16) Use a wrench to install three
capscrews (3) and three washers
(4) which secure cover (5) to
front housing plate (6).
(a) Fasten lifting equipment to
the front of the engine.
Lift the engine until weight
is off the hydraulic jacks.
(b) Remove spacers which were
installed between the oil pan
and oil plate.
(c) Tighten bolts which secure
the oil pan to the block.
(17) Use a wrench to install five
capscrews (1) which attach the
oil pan to the front housing
(18) Lower the engine onto the
(19) Install alternator mounting
brackets, see TM5-2410-237-20.
(20) Install engine trunnion, see page
(21) Install crankshaft front seal
and wear sleeve, see page 3-59.
(22) Install crankshaft pulley, see