Refer to paragraph 7-2 for correct
procedure on releasing pressure in the
hydraulic track adjuster cylinder.
Figure 6-125. Removing segment.
(3) Inspection. Refer to subparagraph 6-
23 a (2).
(4) Installation. Install in reverse order of
6-24. Final Drive Gear Case
Figure 6-124. Preparing to remove segment.
(1) Remove the final drive case metal floating
ring seal (para 6-22).
(c) Move the machine backward until pin
lifts track and all of segment (2) is visible.
(2) Rem ove the bolts securing final drive
case (1, fig. 6-126) to the steering clutch and bevel
(d) Remove nuts (4, fig. 6-124) and lift
segment (2) away as shown in figure 6-125.
(3) Install three ½ inch 13 NC forcing screws
(e) Bolts (1, fig. 6-125) can be removed if
hub is rotated backward far enough so the bolts will
(2) in the tapped holes. Force the final drive case
away from the steering clutch case.
not interfere with the final drive cover.