c. Transmission Case Removal.
(2) Input shaft front oil seal removal and
(1) Position the transmission assembly on end,
input end up.
( a ) R e m o v e the universal joint (para 6-2).
( 2 ) Remove control levers from shafts (6, fig.
(b) Remove the bolts, lock and retainer (2,
f i g . 6-40) and the flange (1) from the input shaft.
(c) Remove the oil seal (fig. 6-41) using a
p u l l e r , screw, and step plate.
(d) Install the new oil seal with the spring-
l o a d e d lip toward the transmission.
(3) Remove covers (1) and (4).
(e) Replace the flange, bolts, lock, and
(4) Remove tube (2) and tube from under
r e t a i n e r in the reverse order of removal.
(5) Inspect O -ring seal (3) and preformed
parking at other end of tubes. Replace if damaged.
(6) Remove lubrication valve (5) nuts and
(7) Remove transmission cover (8).
controls (para 6-4).
(9) Remove bolts (9), nuts and bolts (10).
inch (NC) eyebolts and lift
( 1 0 ) Install two
o f f the transmission case (fig. 6-43).
r e v e r s e order of removal.
( 1 2 ) Tighten the transmission case to transer
gear housing retaining nuts and bolts (10, fig. 6-42
t o the torque value given in table 1-2.