5-6. Water Pump
(1) Place belt over a fan blade within the
a. General. The gear driven centrifugal type
expanded portion of the fan guard.
water pump is mounted on the left front of the
(2) Rotate fan assembly by hand and slip belt
timing gear housing. Figure 5-13 shows an ex-
around each fan blade as it enters expanded cage.
ploded view of the water pump.
When fan belt drops to pulley spindle, repeat
procedure with other 2 belts.
(1) Drain the cooling system (TM 5-2410-
(2) Disconnect the water inlet and outlet
The fan belts must be replaced as a set.
hoses (fig. 5-12).
(3) Remove the bolts which secure the water
c. Adjustment. Place belts on appropriate
pump to the cylinder block and timing gear cover.
pulleys and adjust belt tension (TM 5-2410-233-
(4) Remove the water pump from engine and
clean gasket material from water pump and gear