1. FOR OPERATION OF EQUIPMENT IN PROTRACTED COLD TEMPERATURES BELOW-15° (-26° ). Remove
lubricants prescribed in Key for temperatures above -15° (-26 ° ). Relubricate with lubricants specified in Key for
temperatures below · 5° (-26 ° ). If OEA lubricant is required to meet the temperature ranges prescribed in the Key,
OEA lubricant is to be used in place of OE/HDO-10 lubricant for all temperature ranges where OE/HDO-10 is specified in
2. OIL CAN POINTS. Each 250 hours clean and lightly coat control linkages, hinges and all exposed adjusting threads
3. ENGINE OIL LEVEL HOT OR COLD CHECK. Cold engine, oil level should be at high mark on dipstick. Hot
engine, oil level must be between high and low marks on dipstick (allow to set 5 minutes before checking).
ENGINE. Oil is to be changed each 2S0 hours. Drain when lubricant is warm.
5. ENGINE OIL FILTER. Each 250 hours, remove filter element, clean housing and install new filter element After
installing new filter element, fill crankcase, operate engine for 5 minutes, check housing for leaks, check crankcase oil
level and bring to " ULL" mark.
6. DISTRIBUTOR. Each 500 hours, lubricate rotor wick with 3 or 4 drops of OE/HDO-10. Apply very light coat of GAA
to breaker cam.
7. WHEEL BEARINGS. Each 1000 hours, remove wheels, clean and inspect all parts, replace damaged or worn parts,
repack bearings, and assemble.
8. DIFFERENTIAL. Check level each 1000 hours. Change gear lubricant only when required by maintenance repair
action, contamination by water, or other foreign material. After refill, operate for five minutes, check for leaks and bring
oil level to level plug opening.
9. AIR CLEANER. Each 10 hours, refill reservoir to level mark. Each 250 hours disassemble entire unit, clean, re-oil
10. TRANSMISSION AND CONVERTER LEVEL AND FILL. Check level each 50 hours. Set handbrake, run engine at
idle speed until transmission oil reaches operating temperature. Move shift lever through all positions to distribute oil
throughout transmission and converter, position lever In neutral. Check level and bring to "FULL" mark.
11. TRANSMISSION AND CONVERTER DRAIN AND REFILL. Change oil each 500 hours. To gain access to
converter drain plug, remove converter housing cover plate and turn starter ring until converter drain plug is accessible.
Remove and clean oil pan. Install new filter and install oil pan using new gaskets. Pour 5 quarts (4.73 L) of oil through
oil filler tube. Set handbrake, operate engine at idle speed with shift lever in neutral. Add oil to bring level to "ADD" 1
pint mark on indicator. Idle engine until transmission reaches operating temperature. Slowly move shift lever through
all- positions to distribute oil throughout transmission and converter, position lever in neutral. Operate for 5 minutes,
check for leaks, check oil level and bring to AWFULLY mark.
12. DROP GEARCASE. Check level each 1000 hours. Change gear lubricant only when required by maintenance
repair action, contamination by water, or other foreign material. After refill, operate for five minutes, check for leaks and
bring oil level to level plug opening.
13. LUBRICANTS. The following is a list of lubricants with military symbols and applicable specification numbers.
(SD), Type II
CARD 4 OF 5